Friday, February 3, 2012

Ministry Change

This week I have sent out letters and emails to both financial and prayer supporters informing them of what the Lord has been doing. I realize, however, that some of you only follow me through my blog, so I wanted to share with you as well.

Thank you so much for your prayers over these past several weeks. Your cards, emails, and words of encouragement have been such a blessing during this time.

My health has been steadily improving since my return to the U.S. on October 31st. Although I still tire a little quicker than before, I am able to maintain a normal schedule again. I miss the ministries in the Philippines, but I have, of course, enjoyed being able to spend time with family. I have also been blessed with the opportunity to stay involved in ministry -- both long distance as I work on projects for the Philippine ministry, and locally as I help out in the GFA home office.

I have been doing a lot of praying and seeking counsel during these past weeks. My lupus has flared up now on two different mission fields. When I got sick in the Philippines, I majorly cut back on my activities, staying almost totally in bed for several weeks. Yet even these radical measures did not seem to improve things. However, when I returned to the U.S., I began to improve almost immediately. Because of these factors, I believe the Lord is leading me to remain here in the States. This is not an easy decision, as it means giving up the one thing I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. But I am confident it is what the Lord would have me do.

This "setback," however, does not mean that the Lord is without a plan. He has opened the door for me to fill a support role in the home office of Gospel Fellowship Association, my mission agency. I am thrilled with the opportunity to stay involved in missions as I minister to more than 280 missionaries in over 30 countries around the world.

Please know that I appreciate so much your prayers and support over these past years. It has been a privilege to serve the Lord as a missionary, and I look forward to the ministry that He has for me in the future.

No comments: