Monday, October 13, 2008

On the Way!

A lot has happened in the last week or so. First, I added another church to bring me up to 89%. Then, Dad suggested I speak with the deputation director at my mission board to see what I should be doing when as my support level climbs. When I told him where I was at (that I am expecting another church to begin supporting me this month and at least two other churches are considering support), he said I should go ahead and begin making plans to leave! Yippee!

It is incredibly exciting and incredibly terrifying all at once. When I think of all that needs to be done in the next three months, it is a bit overwhelming. I gave my boss notice that I will be quitting work effective the end of this month. (My job has been incredibly flexible, allowing me to continue working while being gone for days and weeks at a stretch.) That will give me November to pack and get rid of things. My church will have a commissioning service for me in mid December. Then I will go to South Carolina to spend Christmas with my dad. Lord willing, I will fly out of Atlanta on Saturday, January 3rd and arrive in Papua New Guinea on Monday, January 5th.

Please pray that the Lord will superintend in all the details of the next several weeks, and also that He will bring in the remainder of my support. I still can't believe that the goal is actually in sight!

No comments: