Monday, December 15, 2008

Commissioning


The past few weeks have been incredibly busy, but things are starting to settle down, at least a little. Most of the time since my last post has been occupied with packing, shipping boxes to New Guinea, and wrapping up the details of my life in Springfield. My sending church, Grace Baptist in Springfield, had a commissioning service for me on December 6th. It was a wonderful service! John Van Gelderen, an evangelist friend, was the speaker, and the Lord used him to accomplish one of my goals for the service -- to motivate people to faithfully pray for me and for the ministry in Papua New Guinea. There were about sixty people in attendance, representing several supporting churches.

The following Monday, we loaded a rental truck and left for South Carolina, arriving on Tuesday evening. The trip was mainly uneventful despite a deluge of rain for the first five hours of traveling. I am now staying at my dad's house in Greenville, South Carolina until my departure for the field on January 3rd. I still have some details to care for, but the pressure has lessened somewhat. Thanks so much for your prayers during these days. The Lord has been and continues to be abundantly faithful.

No comments: