Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm Off!


Well, the day has finally arrived. I leave for Papua New Guinea today. It's hard to believe the time has actually come since it has been anticipated for so long.

The last few weeks have been busy with various activities and last minute details. I have enjoyed catching up with friends and spending time with my family. It's hard to imagine how different my nephews will be in four years, considering how fast they are growing up.

I fly out of Atlanta at 5pm today, headed to St. Louis, then on to Los Angeles. From there I have a fourteen hour flight to Brisbane, Australia. Then I fly to Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea, and then on to Goroka where I will be met by Missionary Randy Smith and his wife. If all goes as scheduled, I should arrive at 1:05am Eastern Time on Monday, January 5th, making it a 32 hour trip! We plan to spend a couple days in Goroka, then travel by helicopter out to our village of Kiari.

I will not have internet access in Kiari, but hope to continue to update the blog via email. Thanks once again for your prayers to this point, and please continue to pray as I enter this next phase of the ministry.

No comments: