Saturday, September 17, 2011

Prayer Request

As most of you know, I have a chronic disease called lupus that reveals itself in sporadic flare ups of incredible fatigue, joint pain, and generally difficulty functioning. The flare ups are rather unpredictable both in when they come and in how long they last. I have not had a major flare up since the one that forced me to leave Papua New Guinea last September, at least until now.

I have been struggling with a flare for the last few days. I have started medication and see some small improvement, but very slow. I would appreciate your prayers that this would resolve quickly and that I would get back to full strength again soon.

Thankfully, unlike in Papua New Guinea, I am in a more urban setting where I can get the rest that I need. Also, much of my work can be done from my bed, so I am still able to fulfill most of my responsibilities. Thankful to know that "His way is perfect" no matter what the circumstances!

No comments: