Sunday, September 11, 2011

Singles Fellowship


Yet another major event is successfully concluded. Saturday was our first Interchurch Singles Fellowship (but hopefully not the last). We had a good turnout with 85 singles from ten different churches. The folks from my church (pictured here) put a lot of work into it, and it seemed to go well. The theme was Glorifying God in Whatever State You Are. We had three sessions -- the first on Contentment, the second on Living Life to the Fullest, and the third was a divided session on Preparing for a Life's Mate. It was fun and I think we all learned something. Thanks for your prayers!

Also this past week, I had the opportunity to speak to the BJMBC music students about using music in missions. I dressed in traditional Papua New Guinea dress, showed them powerpoint pictures, and shared stories about the ministry. Perhaps the Lord will call one (or more) of them to join that work. I am definitely praying to that end.

No comments: